Social Program Specialist- Kinship Program Specialist - (2808-12)
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open Until Filled
Job & Family Services
222 E. Central Parkway
Cincinnati, OH 45202
WORK HOURS: Full Time – 80 hours biweekly
(Potential for Hybrid Remote Work Schedule)
STARTING SALARY: $18.17 to $26.19 hourly
Applicants for positions with Hamilton County Job and Family Services are subject to background screening in accordance with the document: "Offenses that May Disqualify Candidates for Employment
." Convictions from this list may disqualify a candidate for employment with HCJFS.
JOB DUTIES (SUMMARY):
- Acts as the agency contact for Kinship Permanency Incentive (KPI) Program. Speaks or meets with individuals interested in receiving kinship program services. Completes initial review of eligibility. Coordinates with CS Family Resources Unit to ensure necessary background checks are completed and result are received, properly distributed and filed for KPI and kinship assessments. Collects and maintains documentation for KPI recipients. Resolves any issues regarding issuance of KPI funds to clients.
- Acts as primary agency contact for the Kinship Child Care assistance. Accepts and processes referrals for kinship child care assistance. Coordinates with Child Care section to ensure public funded child care eligibility was determined prior to applying for kinship child care assistance. Maintains documentation of referrals and determinations. Provides authorization for payment through SACWIS or other designated payment system. Monitors continued authorization of kinship child care assistance and the Kinship Child Care budget. Identifies cases no longer eligible.
- Performs a variety of specialized clerical functions requiring interpretive and decision makings skills; staffs reception desk; maintains basic knowledge of all programs and services offered by the kinship department; create’ s kinship provider numbers in SACWIS; electronic storage and reporting of fingerprint results for Children’s Services.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Attends conferences and training.
REQUIREMENTS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION):
- Undergraduate degree in a social or behavioral science plus 12 months DHS experience;
- OR undergraduate degree in a non-related field plus 18 months DHS experience
- OR an associate degree plus 24 months DHS experience or 36 months DHS experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: (*Indicates can be developed after employment)
- Knowledge of: social or behavioral science (e.g., child and family community services, social work, sociology, psychology, criminology, penology, rehabilitation), agency, state and/or federal statutes, rules, regulations and procedures governing delivery of social programs specific to area of employment*; available community resources specific to area of employment*; social services policy and program planning and analysis; public relations; effective oral communication*; interviewing; employee and/or program participates and/or program recipients training
- Ability to: define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions; proofread technical materials, recognize errors and make corrections; gather, collate and classify data; establish good rapport with program participants and/or program recipients; prepare and deliver speeches before specialized audiences; prepare and maintain meaningful, concise and accurate reports
- Demonstrated experience working with interdisciplinary teams utilizing innovative strategies to overcome obstacles
- Excellent written and verbal communication, strong organization skills, superior time management
- Experience with Team facilitation, conflict resolution and negotiation
- Adaptable and flexible
- Ability and comfort working with diverse populations in various environments
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, understanding of, or ability to learn
- Works independently exercising keen assessment skills
PHYSICAL and/or MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to lift 60 pounds;
- Potentially reading/seeing and hearing traumatic events/situations;
- Working in close proximity to a wide variety of stakeholder audiences in public settings;
- Standing for extended periods while working on the computer, home visits, court, meetings, etc.;
LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: None
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None
BACKGROUND CHECKS REQUIRED:
Background checks consistent with requirements in OAC 5101:2-5-09 must be completed at employment and every ten years following, including but not limited to the following systems:
- State Automated Child Welfare Information System (SACWIS)
- State Child/Abuse Neglect Central Registry Check for any state in which the applicant resided within the last five years
- Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification Investigation (BCI)
- National Sex Offender Public website (WWW.NSOPW.Gov) Code 5101:2-5-09 must be conducted for each prospective employee
If you are seeking more information about this position CLICK HERE.